|Greater North Salina Street Business Association
“Working for You, Working for the Neighborhood”
The purposes for which the Greater North Salina Street Business Association has been organized are as follows: To preserve the quality of our business environment and ensure that North Salina Street becomes Syracuse's premiere neighborhood, a historic place to live, to do business and to invest.
Accomplishments & Activities
- Communicating and planning with other groups and initiatives so that the North Salina Street area can benefit.
- Receiving a National Grid Renaissance Grant for enhancement of the area which we are looking to use to help support public art initiatives.
- Working with the City of Syracuse to actively address parking concerns of the merchants.
- Involved in the NY Main Street application process, which resulted in a variety of different grant/loan programs for building owners on North Salina Street for property improvements.
- Actively involved in the streetscape enhancement project and continuing to push for additional streetscape improvements on North Salina Street; this has made possible the upcoming one million dollar streetscape enhancement project on the 800 and 900 blocks of North Salina Street.
- Helped to garner funding for the “Windows in Time” billboard restoration project from the CNY Community Foundation; resulted in the restoration and repainting of several historic billboards in the N. Salina Street area.
- Worked with St. Joseph’s HHC and NEHDA, Inc. in creating a Little Italy brochure for hospital employees and visitors.